$12 BBQ Steamboat
I was told before that I am spoilt.
I was also told before that I am pampered.
And also been told that I am being treated like a princess.
How true is this?
I was having the $12 bbq steamboat tonight. The place was non-airconditioned, with tables near drains and was located along the road. Seems like quite a foodie's place as for just that amount you pay, you can eat a buffet feast of life seafood (crabs, clams, prawns etc), meat, veges etc etc.
Though I do enjoy the "end-result" of the food, cos I do love bbq/grill stuff, but I hate the process of it. It's a killer. Because of the "not-so-conducive" environment, it makes eating so uncomfortable.
First of all, I hate the heat. Mind you, I had a great shower before heading out. Washed my hair, soaped and scrubbed my body and even cleansed and scrubbed my face. Scrubs are a luxury for me and I don't do it all the time.Secondly, I was sitted next to the smelly drain. God knows why that table was chosen. Don't ask me. Last of all, because we had to oil the bbq tray with butter, the oil began to splatter all over as we cooked. It squirts from the food and pounds on to your bare skin. And I've got hit so many times!! The entire dinner was made up of just rubbing my fingers, wrist, arms...I had a big splatter on my arm. And now, it is red with a little swell.My spectacle was not spared. Had oil stains everywhere. I came home and did the scrubbing process all over again. How annoying.
As compared to my nicer experience at a Japanese bbq place located somewhere at Robertson Walk. That dining place had a hood at every table, thus the smoke from the bbq is sucked in without going straight to your face while cooking. And somehow with a good pit, the fire seems to be well-controlled without more splatters. I think they used charcoals. It was also air-conditioned and well-decorated. You feel at ease and won't mind taking your own sweet time to eat and chat. Unlike the $12 deal, it makes you feel like you're in such a rush/busy eating, getting food, cooking and avoiding all the oil attacks. You don't even have the time to chat with your company as you have to "look out" for your food.
So do you still think that I'm spoilt or being too pampered? Or maybe it is just a matter of choice and preference. I confess it cost maybe 2 times as much to eat at the Jap place but I choose not to indulge in "offers" for the sake of a good spread with little comfort. I rather spend the $12 bucks at eating chicken rice 6 times at a hawker center. To me, the opportunity cost just doesn't feel right..at least that is how I feel!!
I was also told before that I am pampered.
And also been told that I am being treated like a princess.
How true is this?
I was having the $12 bbq steamboat tonight. The place was non-airconditioned, with tables near drains and was located along the road. Seems like quite a foodie's place as for just that amount you pay, you can eat a buffet feast of life seafood (crabs, clams, prawns etc), meat, veges etc etc.
Though I do enjoy the "end-result" of the food, cos I do love bbq/grill stuff, but I hate the process of it. It's a killer. Because of the "not-so-conducive" environment, it makes eating so uncomfortable.
First of all, I hate the heat. Mind you, I had a great shower before heading out. Washed my hair, soaped and scrubbed my body and even cleansed and scrubbed my face. Scrubs are a luxury for me and I don't do it all the time.Secondly, I was sitted next to the smelly drain. God knows why that table was chosen. Don't ask me. Last of all, because we had to oil the bbq tray with butter, the oil began to splatter all over as we cooked. It squirts from the food and pounds on to your bare skin. And I've got hit so many times!! The entire dinner was made up of just rubbing my fingers, wrist, arms...I had a big splatter on my arm. And now, it is red with a little swell.My spectacle was not spared. Had oil stains everywhere. I came home and did the scrubbing process all over again. How annoying.
As compared to my nicer experience at a Japanese bbq place located somewhere at Robertson Walk. That dining place had a hood at every table, thus the smoke from the bbq is sucked in without going straight to your face while cooking. And somehow with a good pit, the fire seems to be well-controlled without more splatters. I think they used charcoals. It was also air-conditioned and well-decorated. You feel at ease and won't mind taking your own sweet time to eat and chat. Unlike the $12 deal, it makes you feel like you're in such a rush/busy eating, getting food, cooking and avoiding all the oil attacks. You don't even have the time to chat with your company as you have to "look out" for your food.
So do you still think that I'm spoilt or being too pampered? Or maybe it is just a matter of choice and preference. I confess it cost maybe 2 times as much to eat at the Jap place but I choose not to indulge in "offers" for the sake of a good spread with little comfort. I rather spend the $12 bucks at eating chicken rice 6 times at a hawker center. To me, the opportunity cost just doesn't feel right..at least that is how I feel!!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home