Rainbow Concoction

"Someday U'll find it, the Rainbow Connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me..." ~Kermit, the FROG

Monday, January 02, 2006

Effectively 31

My..... that's how old I am this year. To me, as long as I've leaped pass the year, that's my age. Never do I add a "+" sign after my age. I'm not sure if I'm just trying to be brave or am I just being realistic. It may be a bigger digit than 30, but finally, after several years of a bigger 2nd digit (ie, 26, 27, 28 and 29), "1" seems like a small number now.

31, how much have I achieved?

A Bachelor and Masters degrees, both of which I am proud of. I did my Bachelor while working for 3 years, it is a part time course. Masters was done through my savings and I did that overseas. That gave me an opportunity to see, learn and do more.

Hopefully, a career which I'm embarking now will give me more than what I think it does for me and my future.

After several humps and bumps, I've found someone whom I know will be there to hold me for a life time.

As age hails, friends never grow unfortunately and in fact, those whom I'm keeping in touch are those who are dearer to me. A friend once said, we may have many friends, but if they are "shallow" and not "deep" relationships, she'll rather choose having fewer of them. This I agree.

You know what? To mark this new year, I'm going to give myself a different look next week. I think it marks a change cos somehow I already feel different. Anyway, being 31 doesn't despict being old, just older and definitely more beautiful.

I'm going to live life and be a better person!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home