Rainbow Concoction

"Someday U'll find it, the Rainbow Connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me..." ~Kermit, the FROG

Friday, September 23, 2005

Mind Games


It happens everywhere. At Work, at Home, between Friends and especially in a Boy-Girl Relationship. I personally feel that it is a way to validate oneself - to show who has the upper hand, who has the best tolerant level, who misses who more. Or maybe who has more guts, who is more willing to get shot, who is more vulnerable.

I know of people playing mind games even when they are online. (umm..not sure if I'm guilty of this.) They "see" the other wanting party being online, but keeps the initiative down, suppressing the urge to initiate any conversation. They carry the usual wait and see technique of who sends a message to who first but is actually dying to have a chat. Why?

If either parties wishes to initiate a conversation with the other, why the pride? Does an initiation determines the act of a commitment? Or does it make you look bad? Too soft or too easy?

I'm not sure how far these people will go, but as we have often heard - communication is the key to success. If it can be practiced, I bet it'll save lots of lost souls and probably heal many hearts of the weak.

So let's stop the Mind Games...wanna chat?

1 Comments:

Blogger Water said...

water wants.

confession: Since 3 weeks ago, I am already at a stage that i felt safe when i see the person online, even if we don't chat at all.

The INSECURE me have initiated an sms to find out how the person was as i didn't see him online for few days...

see, who took the initiative show his/her weakness. ppl just don't want to have their weakness surface.

24 September, 2005 15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home