Detoxification
de·tox·i·fi·ca·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-tks-f-kshn)n.
- The process of detoxifying.
- The state or condition of being detoxified.
Physiology. The metabolic process by which the toxic qualities of a poison or toxin are reduced by the body. - A medically supervised treatment program for alcohol or drug addiction designed to purge the body of intoxicating or addictive substances. Such a program is used as a first step in overcoming physiological or psychological addiction.
So, that's how it is defined. Anyhow, I'll described my weekend as detoxifying!!
It has been quite a week. Long working hours, lack of sleep and too much brain juice used. First it was 9 to10pm, then it was 9 to 11pm and then 9 to 1230am. Even on a friday I had to drag myself to wee hours. The feeling was infuriating when you are stumbling against walls and making an utmost effort to know what you are doing and have to deliver within hours. The story to how I got here is too long to be elaborated. As with most newbies, the least we expect is someone to guide you along the way in you job. God knows why a staff is allowed to leave before passing on the work on hand. And God knows why didn't the existing staff learn what was required to learn from this staff who left.
Though the frustration, I say it has been rather challenging.
I'm just glad to have the weekend. Though short, but truly satisfying one. I detoxed with Sex & The City, food and sleep. Like I'm letting it all "out" through meals and rejuvenating. I'm all charged and detoxified now and ready for another storming battle next week.
Long hours it is, but for now, I'm just looking forward for my next detoxification.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home